[IDV #FLG-389627]: difficulty plotting mslp from USGODAE NOGAPS

> > Hi Yuan,
> > the bundle attached to the support form ought to point to the data file
> > URL. Let me know if that's not true and I can upload a file.
> > alan
>
> Alan,
> Yes, I can run the IDV on the attached bundle.
> If you check the properties of this dataset, you can see the problem, the
> variable, such as pressfc, has no unit defined, and in many time steps, there
> is no value in it, only. Anyway, the dataset is ugly, So, I guess you will
> have to go find out which time step you can plot, and no unit change
> available.

Alan,
    There is grid function you can used to add a unit to the variable. In the
Field Selector, you can select the Formulas in the Data Source, and in the
Fields, select Grids -> Define a grid diagnostic, and in the Displays, select
one of the Plan Views, when the input window pop up, fill in newUnit(a,
"pressure", "Pa"), and click OK, and in the pop up Field Selector window,
select a time step (the later one maybe better), and ok, now you should have a
display in the view window, and in the Displays window, you can use the Edit
--> Change Display Unit to do the changes.

Yuan

> Yuan

> > > Alan,
> > >     I am not familiar with this dataset, will you upload a sample file to:
> > >
> > >  http://motherlode.ucar.edu/repository/alias/idvupload
> > >
> > > If it does plot, we can change the unit, under Display control, you can
> > > go Edit--> Change Display Unit.
> > >
> > > Yuan
> > >
> > > Ticket Details
> > > Ticket ID: FLG-389627
> > > Department: Support IDV
> > >

> > --
> > Alan Bol
> > Project Lead | Scientist | Instructional Designer
> > The COMET Program | www.comet.ucar.edu
> > 303.497.8334 voice | 8491 fax

Ticket ID: FLG-389627
Department: Support IDV