[IDV #GUP-507321]: GFS Observation mismatch

Hi Walt-

> When I load the Global GFS .5X.5degree in its native projection, I
> noticed that my point observations are all shifted to the left so that
> North American Observations are located off the map; i took a screen
> shot, but cannot get it to replicate exactly (see buoy 13548). What it
> looks like to me is that the point obs are still centered on London
> while the map projection has been shifted to the Pacific.

The problem is that the GFS runs 0-360 but the obs are in -180 to 180 space.
So, obs with negative longitudes get plotted to the left of the map.

If you turn off "Use Fast Rendering" for the obs, the positions will get
adjusted to GFS domain.  You can either turn this off globally under the
Edit->Preferences menu (under the General tab), or for each individual display
using the display control's Edit->Properties menu.

Don Murray

Ticket ID: GUP-507321
Department: Support IDV