[IDV #PFM-479397]: Display GOES East AREA file from CLASS

> I am trying to display a GOES East visible spectrum 8 bit AREA file from
> CLASS.
> I have also used McIDAS V and needed to increase the heap space in the
> configuration dialog.
> The image is fairly large (93MB) and is the Northern Hemisphere scan.

Hi Todd,
With a image that large the IDV ends up using around 800M of memory for one
time step.

There are a number of performance tips here including how to increase the
allocated memory:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/idv/docs/userguide/misc/PerformanceTuning.html

-Jeff

Ticket ID: PFM-479397