[IDV #BAE-236042]: Overlay radar maps

Paul-

> Full Name: Paul Bouchereau
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Operating System: Windows Vista
> Hardware: Java: home: H:\Program Files\IDV_2.8u1\jre version: 1.6.0_17
> j3d:1.5.2 fcs (build4)
> Description of problem:  I would like to overlay 3 or more Radar images so I
> can actually visualize the movement of highest reflectivity. Can I overlay 3
> or more images? If so how do I do this.

You could load in the 3 or more radar data source individually and then load
each one into a display.  You could preset the region you want to view using
the Projections menu and uncheck the Projections->Auto-set Projection entry so
the view won't change every time you load in a new radar.  Use the display's
View->Bring to Front to set the ordering.

Alternatively, there is a pre-generated radar composite product available
through the Image Chooser as the NEXRCOMP Dataset.  Select the 1km N0R
composite and then subset it over the region you want using the lat/lon and
size and magnification options in the chooser.

See the User's Guide for more information.

Don Murray

Ticket ID: BAE-236042