[IDV #NJK-709837]: IDV function for land/sea topo scaling

Rich-

> What I want is:
>
> a=a/10   (a>0)
> a=a       (a<=0)

Define a Jython procedure:

def scaleGrid(grid):
    p = grid.clone()
    for i in range(len(p)):
      a = p[i]
      if a > 0:
        p[i]=a/10
    return p

You could modify that to pass in a scale and threshold and provide defaults:

def scaleGrid(grid, thresh=0, scale=10):
    p = grid.clone()
    t = int(thresh)
    s = int(scale)
    for i in range(len(p)):
      a = p[i]
      if a > t:
        p[i]=a/s
    return p

Don
> On Fri, Mar 5, 2010 at 4:54 PM, Unidata IDV Support
> <address@hidden> wrote:
> >> Jeff,
> >> I seem to remember you saying to pass new function ideas along, so here
> >> goes...
> >>
> >> I often want to load in DEM data (land topo/sea bathy) for visualizing
> >> along with ocean modeling applications in IDV, but I want to provide a
> >> different vertical exaggeration for the land and ocean topography,
> >> because I want to clearly show the coastal ocean topography, but
> >> without the land topography looking like skyscrapers. Â For example,
> >> I'd like to scale the depths below 0 by a different factor than the
> >> elevations above 0. Â ÂI imagine this is pretty simple, but still
> >> don't know how.
> >>

> > Hi Rich,
> > Just make a formula called scale, e.g., to scale by 2:
> >
> > Â Â fieldYouWantToScale*2
> >
> > That should work.
> >
> > -Jeff
> >

> > Ticket Details