[IDV #IQP-143082]: Exception with surface observational data

Hi Howard-

> So far, lightning does not have this problem.
>
> I don't see any pattern, yet.
> I'm requesting the same data repeatedly except the spatial boundary.
>
> So far, about 3 or 4 times, this problem happened with the first trial
> (start IDV and load the surface data from in-house web server).
>
> Once this problem happened, I switched to the sounding data (CMA format)
> and back to the surface data (METAR) again, the problem happened at the
> very first time I found this issue. Now, usually it works after change
> the data type, but still the problem happens occasionally.

I could understand this happening if you are switching from one dataset to
another and you have the same varaible name with different units.

> This morning I requested the same data except the spatial boundary and
> time (last three hour data) about 150 times (100 times without debug
> option and 50 times with debug option, I got 10 times error without
> debug option only).

The only think I can think of is that this is a timing issue and turning on
debug slows down the server response.

> Is there any way to save the data from my web server?

You could create a Point Data List and from that control, use the Select Fields
button to include all parameters.  Then use the File->Save->Export Table to
CSV.. menu in the control to save to a CSV file.

> - I added in-house "AtecChooser" plugin with shape files and layout files.
> - AtecChooser plugin communicates with the in-house web server
> - The in-house web server produces the Point Data Text format for METAR
> & lightening or CMA for sounding data
> - I chose the in-house layout which is produced by Keith
> - The Point Data Text format data is passed to IDV data source by
> providing URL of in-house web server.

Is there any chance we can access the in-house server and get your plugin to
try to debug this?

Don

Ticket ID: IQP-143082