[IDV #KZG-683949]: changes GridUtil.sampleToReal conflict with ADDE imageSeq

Hi Tyn-

> Full Name: Valentijn Venus
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Operating System: Linux
> Hardware: Java: home: /usr/local/lib/jvm/jre1.6.0_18 version: 1.6.0_18-ea
> j3d:1.5.1 fcs (build6)
> Description of problem: Hi-
>
> The changes made to GridUtil.sampleToReal as-per the request of one of my
> student as described in this support request:
>
> http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/support/help/MailArchives/idv/msg03429.html
>
> Seem to break when ADDE imageSequences as sampled as i now receive this error:

I think there are different problems going on here than the change I made.  The
error at the bottom indicates that the original image request is outside the
bounds of the image, not the probe point. What is the dataset you are going
after?  Can I get at the server from here?

I just tried this will an image from our server and didn't have the problem.

Don

> earthLocation:  Lat: 36.024 Lon: -7.498 Alt: 1
> ERROR: Creating display: Color-Shaded Plan View org.python.core.PyException
> Traceback (innermost last):
> File "<string>", line 1, in ?
> File "<string>", line 2205, in
> getPSnProductionAlgorithm105GridWeatherSwathLSTSeqN52
> at ucar.visad.data.AreaImageFlatField.readData(AreaImageFlatField.java:594)
> at visad.data.CachedFlatField.getMyValues(CachedFlatField.java:460)
> at visad.data.CachedFlatField.unpackFloats(CachedFlatField.java:599)
> at
> ucar.visad.data.AreaImageFlatField.checkReadData(AreaImageFlatField.java:411)
> at
> ucar.visad.data.AreaImageFlatField.getDomainSet(AreaImageFlatField.java:486)
> at visad.FlatField.resample(FlatField.java:4520)
> at visad.FunctionImpl.evaluate(FunctionImpl.java:168)
> at ucar.unidata.data.grid.GridUtil.sampleAtPoint(GridUtil.java:3402)
> at ucar.unidata.data.grid.GridUtil.sample(GridUtil.java:2077)
> at ucar.unidata.data.grid.GridUtil.sample(GridUtil.java:2036)
> at ucar.unidata.data.grid.GridUtil.sampleToRealTuple(GridUtil.java:784)
> at ucar.unidata.data.grid.GridUtil.sampleToReal(GridUtil.java:823)
>
> ucar.unidata.util.WrapperException:
> ucar.unidata.util.WrapperExceptionvisad.VisADException: Problem with McIDAS
> AREA file: edu.wisc.ssec.mcidas.AreaFileException: Error opening URL for
> AreaFile:edu.wisc.ssec.mcidas.adde.AddeURLException: requested Earth location
> is not contained in the image
>
> Any ideas? Maybe try an earthLocation at Altitude = 0  instead of 1  (Lat:
> 36.024 Lon: -7.498 Alt: 1)?
>
> Cheers, Tyn

Ticket ID: KZG-683949
Department: Support IDV