[IDV #MKA-465082]: IDV Startup Error

Hi-

> Sorry.  Im running 32bit windows xp.  I had previously had this
> problem with version 2.7 and eventually gave up after I couldn't get it
> working.  Today I just updated to version 2.8 and I'm having the same
> problem.  I'm also running the latest nVidia drivers downloaded from
> their website.

What's the model of the graphics card.  Is this a laptop or a desktop system?

One thing to try is running in Direct-X mode.  Open the file:

C:\Program Files\IDV_2.8\runIDV.bat

in a text editor (e.g. Notepad).

Comment out the first line (add REM at the start) and remove the REM from
the last line.

Then try it again to see if even that works.

Don

> On Tue Jan 26 16:35 , 'Unidata IDV Support' <address@hidden> sent:
>

> Hi-
>
> I need a little more information before I can help you.
>
> > I just installed IDV 2.8 and immediately after starting up the program
> closes itself.  Attached is the error log it generated.
>
> What version of Windows are you running and is it 32- or 64-bit??
>
> Did previous versions of the IDV work on this system?
>
> Does it have the latest graphics driver installed? Even brand new systems
> come with old video drivers. If it is not the latest, update the driver and
> try again.
>
> Don Murray
>
> Ticket Details
> Ticket ID: MKA-465082