[IDV #CMK-802593]: color scale labels

Hi Bill-

> The font is Arial, Bold, 8 pt. It was set with the color scale property
> dialog;

In the bundle, the font size is 0.  The chooser defaults to the first in the
list (8).  Until you change it, the size does not get updated.

So, the question is, "how did it get set to 0?".  Since the font size dialogs
are not editable, I don't see how this could happen programmatically.  In your
attempt to hide the labels, did you edit the bundle and set the size to 0?

I added an option to the color scale dialog to turn off the labels.  It will be
in the next nightly build.

Don Murray

> Unidata IDV Support wrote:
>
> Hi Bill-
>

> Full Name: bill fingerhut
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Package Version: 2.8a1 build date:2009-11-03 08:08 UTC
> Operating System: Windows XP
> Hardware: Java: home: C:\Program Files\IDV_2.8a1\jre version: 1.6.0_13
> j3d:1.5.2 fcs (build4)
> Description of problem:
>
> The color scale associated with an image display of radar composite
> reflectivity is behaving strangely.
>
> I'm starting with a bundle created with version 2.8a1 . It displays as
> I would expect.
>
> If I go to the radar composite display properties ---> color scale and
> check the visibility box and apply, the color bar appears, but without
> labels. I did not expect the labels to be missing. ???
>
> If I change the pixel height and apply, the labels appear. If I choose
> the original height and apply, the labels still appear. So, I suspect
> something is wrong. ???
>

> What is the font and the initial font size?  Is this from your preferences
> or is it from setting the View properties?
>

> The really wierd aspect of this is that I want to omit the color scale
> labels. And I don't see a "correct way" to accomplish this. ???
>

> There's no way to turn off the labels at present.
>
> Ticket Details
> Ticket ID: CMK-802593
> Department: Support IDV
>

> --