[IDV #JXO-655285]: IDV v2.8b1: COSMIC data, track plot, multiple files, URL access

Dave-

> I'm reproducing the track plot of COSMIC soundings on a globe view that Don
> and Jeff showed me yesterday. Yesterday they did this on a machine with local
> access to the sounding files, where there is one sounding per file. In the
> data chooser they highlighted a bunch of files and created a track display of
> all of them at once.
>
> However, doing this from home I don't have local access to the files and rely
> on URL access instead. Unfortunately, URL access doesn't seem to permit
> access to many files all at once--I have to load them individually and
> construct a separate track plot of each one individually, which is
> prohibitively labor-intensive to do for lots of files.
>
> Is there a way to create track plots of lots of COSMIC soundings in separate
> files all at once?

If you have the file view set up in RAMADDA, open your RAMADDA catalog in the
IDV's catalog chooser.  There you should be able to select multiple files at
once (ctrl-click).
You'll need to set the Data Source Type to Trajectory Sounding files because
the IDV won't recognize the type from the RAMADDA URLs.

Don Murray

Ticket ID: JXO-655285
Department: Support IDV