[IDV #WWV-305170]: select data source by using script

Hi,

> Normally, If I want to get value and do caculation with grid data, I
> have to create a formula, create function with Jython and select data
> source from "Field Selector". I want to ask are there any way to select
> data source by using script only so I do not have to create formula and
> manually choose data from " Field Selector" ?

Yes. Look at the routines in the shell.py jython library:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/IDV/docs/userguide/tools/JythonLib.html#shell

In particular you can call:
def getData(dataSourceName=None,dataChoiceName=None):

This finds the first data source if the dataSourceName==null. Else it tries to
match on the data source name which can be set in the data source properties
dialog.

-Jeff

Ticket ID: WWV-305170
Department: Support IDV