[IDV #FRK-322354]: crash on start up

Hi Stu-

We used to have separate installers for the different versions of Java 3D.
Now, the old 32-bit Java 3D is available as an option in the 32-bit Linux
installer.  There is no 64-bit version and even the 32-bit version may have
library problems on newer systems.  To install the old version of Java 3D, run
the Linux 32-bit installer and when it asks about Java 3D, select the
compatibility mode.

Don

> # Subject: [IDV #FRK-322354]: crash on start up
> # From: "Unidata IDV Support"
> # Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 09:01:32 -0600
>
> Unidata IDV Support wrote:
>
> It looks like the graphics card you have doesn't support the
> latest OpenGL required by Java 3D.  Try using the other
> Linux installer, not the one with Java 3D 1.5.1.  That one
> has an older version of Java 3D.

> Which is the "other Linux" installer?
>
> The only Linux installers in
> http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/downloads/idv/current/index.jsp
> are for 32 and 64 bit machines.
>
> Do you mean the "IDV 2.7u2 Java Installer  Generic installer for IDV for
> systems with their own Java and Java 3D. "
>
> Stuart

Ticket ID: FRK-322354
Department: Support IDV