[IDV #ZRA-370700]: quick question about the "wire box" limits

Hi Rich-

> I just want the default projection to cover all the regions.   Been
> fiddling with different projection options for the last 20 min and
> can't figure it out.
>
> http://coast-enviro.er.usgs.gov/models/share/ioos_latest_forecasts.xidv

That's a lot of labels!

I just fixed an issue where the aspect ratio wasn't getting set correctly which
will help some.  Attached is a plugin with a projection that covers the area,
but also leaves room for all the display list labels.  You'll need tomorrow's
nightly build for the aspect ratio fix.  I just created a LatLonProjection
using the Projections->New/Edit menu.

Also, the CONUS projection gives a good coverage of the area, but doesn't leave
blank space for the labels. If you turn the labels off, it looks good (IMHO
;-)).

Don

> On Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 5:04 PM, Unidata IDV Support
> <address@hidden> wrote:
> > Hi Rich-
> >
> >> I'm loading model results from all around the country, and the display
> >> view range (the wire box limits) are automatically being set to the
> >> extents of the last data I load.  I want to set the view so that the
> >> whole US is shown (the region shown by the wire box), not just the
> >> range of the last dataset.   If I "reload data" on another display, I
> >> can get the box to reset to that display, but how can I get it set to
> >> a region that is not any displays, but the extent of ALL the displays?
> >> (or set it manually).   I looked in the users guide and could not
> >> figure it out.
> >
> > I'm not sure if I'm understanding this correctly, but you could manually
> > set the projection to an area that covers each display's data first and
> > uncheck the Projections->Auto-set Projection.  That will keep the
> > projection you
> > have set manually and all data will be reprojection into that.
> >
> > Is that what you are looking for?
> >
> > Don
> >
> > Ticket Details
> > Ticket ID: ZRA-370700