[IDV #JVQ-995591]: Problem loading bundle

Hi Katie-

> Full Name: katie carbonari
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Package Version: 2.8a1 build date:2009-09-23 07:11 UTC
> Operating System: Mac OS X
> Hardware: Java: home:
> /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.5.0/Home version:
> 1.5.0_19 j3d:1.5.2 fcs (build4)
> Description of problem: I set up a scene in IDV and save it as a bundle
> (precip_pretty.xidv). Then I close down the IDV and reopen it and try to load
> my bundle. I get this error:

The error "java.lang.NumberFormatException: multiple points" indicates that the
time string in the netCDF file has weirdly formatted dates.  However, if that
was the case, I wouldn't think it would open the first time.  Are you changing
the dataset when opening the bundle?
Another issue I've seen in the past is that some operating systems don't like
colons in the file names.  However, I would think that would be a different
error.

Can you upload the file to:

Thanks.

Don Murray
> Error loading bundle: /r0/Projects/climateIrad/sc09/precip_pretty.xidv
> Grid data source failed making data set: /Volumes/Macintosh
> HD/net/typhoon-io-out/san5/kremena/ECHAM5/data/wrfout/wrfout_d01_2059-12-31_00:00:00
>  multiple points
>
> Any idea what I'm doing wrong?
>
> ******************
> Stack trace:
> java.lang.NumberFormatException: multiple points
> at sun.misc.FloatingDecimal.readJavaFormatString(FloatingDecimal.java:1084)
> at java.lang.Double.parseDouble(Double.java:482)
> at java.text.DigitList.getDouble(DigitList.java:141)
> at java.text.DecimalFormat.parse(DecimalFormat.java:1276)
> at java.text.SimpleDateFormat.subParse(SimpleDateFormat.java:1425)
> at java.text.SimpleDateFormat.parse(SimpleDateFormat.java:1174)
> at java.text.DateFormat.parse(DateFormat.java:333)
> at
> ucar.nc2.dataset.conv.WRFConvention.makeTimeCoordAxis(WRFConvention.java:508)
> at ucar.nc2.dataset.conv.WRFConvention.augmentDataset(WRFConvention.java:275)
> at ucar.nc2.dataset.NetcdfDataset.enhance(NetcdfDataset.java:465)
> at ucar.nc2.dataset.NetcdfDataset.<init>(NetcdfDataset.java:1151)
> at ucar.nc2.dataset.NetcdfDataset.openDataset(NetcdfDataset.java:440)
> at ucar.nc2.dataset.NetcdfDataset.acquireDataset(NetcdfDataset.java:521)
> at ucar.nc2.dt.grid.GridDataset.open(GridDataset.java:88)
> at
> ucar.unidata.data.grid.GeoGridDataSource.doMakeDataSet(GeoGridDataSource.java:1061)
> at
> ucar.unidata.data.grid.GeoGridDataSource.getDataset(GeoGridDataSource.java:1083)
> at
> ucar.unidata.data.grid.GeoGridDataSource.initAfterUnpersistence(GeoGridDataSource.java:358)
> at
> ucar.unidata.idv.IdvPersistenceManager$17.run(IdvPersistenceManager.java:3424)
> at visad.util.ThreadManager$1.run(ThreadManager.java:292)
> at visad.util.ThreadPool$ThreadMinnow.run(ThreadPool.java:98)

Ticket ID: JVQ-995591