[IDV #RAI-544646]: help: Handling CMA file (.ta extension) from a server

> 1. Different Exception from NetcdfSoundingAdapter
>
> The logic for the sounding data (with "RAOB" data source) is:
> 1) apply Netcdf format
> 2) apply CMA format if netcdf format fails
>
> This logic does not work if NullPointException happened instead of
> IllegalArgumentException from NetcdfSoundingAdapter.
>
> SO the problem will be fixed if CMASoundingAdapter is applied for any
> exception.

This is fixed now and will be in tonight's nightly build.

> 2. Need supporting minute with CMA.
>
> The CMA format supports yyyy mm dd hh only. Our sounding data requires
> minute, too. The sounding data is coolected every 36 monite than 00
> minute. Could you support minutes too (yyyy mm dd hh MM or we need to
> define format to avoid 5 column VS. six column data)

I now iterate on the formats:
  private static final String []DATE_FORMATS =
{"yyyy-MM-dd-HH-mm","yyyy-MM-dd-HH"};
when trying to parse the dates. is "HH-mm" what you use?

-Jeff

Ticket ID: RAI-544646
Department: Support IDV