[IDV #PDG-787192]: Can't access the SRTM30+ world topo data with IDV 2.8!

Hey Rich-

> I just tried to load the SRTM30+ 1km world topo/bathy in IDV 2.8
> (OpenDAP data URL:
> <http://coast-enviro.er.usgs.gov/thredds/dodsC/bathy/srtm30plus_v1.nc>)
> and I got:
>
> loadDataSource
> You are requesting a grid with 933120000 points which
> is 3732.5 (MB) of data.
> Please subset the grid
>
> Well, I was *planning on subsetting the grid* as soon as it showed up
> on the Data Sources tab, but I can't even get to that step!

Well, we figured you'd forget to subset, so we were just being pre-emptive. ;-)

Thanks for finding that.  We were checking this even when we were just getting
metadata like the levels.  It will be fixed in the next nightly build.

> I tried this in IDV 2.7 and had the same behavior.    IDV 2.4 (the
> only other version I have installed)  worked fine.
>
> Help!   I need my bathy back!

Don Murray

Ticket ID: PDG-787192