[IDV #MPQ-882676]: Question about flow vectors from grids

Hi Tom-

> Thanks, Don....this works well.  What I find interesting is your comment:

Glad this works out.

> > In my experience, the global grids (lat/lon) are true and all the rest are
> > grid relative.
>
> But aren't the vectors on lat-lon grids BOTH?

Yes, for rectillinear lat/lon grids.  I'm not sure about rotated lat/lon grids.

> Anyway, I really appreciate this -- now all we have to do is explain
> to people the difference between
> grid relative and "true" ("earth-relative"?) u- and v-components ;-)

We could always just show the true (earth relative) option and if someone wants
the grid relative, they would have to use the formula.

Don

Ticket ID: MPQ-882676
Department: Support IDV