[IDV #OVK-276717]: Default World Coastlines Map Not Displaying Correctly

Hi Jacob,

> Description of problem: In the IDV nightly builds, the default World
> Coastlines Map that displays upon opening the IDV is not displaying
> correctly.  The map is
> not showing the boundaries correctly in some areas.  Also, in the northern
> hemisphere, straight lines are being drawn
> outward that are not associated with actual country boundaries.
> I have been using the IDV nightly builds from the Webstart version, as I have
> been using the IDV in the labs of ECU where the program is not
> currently installed onto  the computers.  Therefore, I am not sure if this
> problem is also occurring with the installed versions of the nightly builds.
> However, it has been occurring for about a month on the Webstart versions.

This is most likely a graphics card problem. We moved to a higher resolution
map this summer that had more polygons. This causes the funny lines problem.

You can install the old world map file as a plugin under "Maps->World Maps" in
the plugin manager.

-Jeff

Ticket ID: OVK-276717