[netCDFJava #VZT-405755]: skew-t with wrfout data

Hi Randy-

> Can you provide specific instructions on how to create a skew-t plot after
> The help does not give those specific instructions but implies that it is
> possible.
> thanks
> randy

Right now, the IDV needs a temperature and dewpoint variable and only knows how
to compute dewpoint from Temp and RH.  In the WRFout grids, you have
Temperature and mixing ratio.  We'll have to add something to calculate the
dewpoint from mixing ratio.

For WRF grids that have had WRFPost run on them and converted to pressure
levels, the Sounding parameters will show up in the 3D grid->Derived fields.
There is a section of the Workshop materials that covers this:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/idv/docs/workshop/datadisplays/grid/Probes2.html

under the accessing and displaying grids section.

Don Murray

Ticket ID: VZT-405755
Department: Support IDV