[IDV #ROY-995347]: first reaction to v 2.8a1

Hi HP,

> First, and most important, where have the indidcations on memeory use
> gone that used to be reported at lower left corner. This ahas always
> been very helpful to me. The time now indiicated thereI can find in
> other places. Am I missing a preference setting where this can be
> configured?
There wasn't a prefrence - there is now one (well, in tonight's nightly build)
"Show Clock" under the View preferences.

> Second, Ilike the old icons in left sidbar of the Map View better. They
> resulted much clearer to my (old) eyes. Or, is this configurable as
> well?

I have darkened some of them up a bit so they should be able to be seen better.
Right now there is no way to configure which icons to use.

-Jeff

Ticket ID: ROY-995347