[IDV #FBM-183442]: GFS Global rendering problem

> When I load up the GFS extended global grids from the motherlode catalog
> and then load point data into the system. When this occurs the GFS image
> seems to be shifted to the right by about half of the screen. and
> changing the projection creates numerous lines making the data unusable.
> I was wondering if there was a setting or a fix that I could use to
> project both global model and point data at the same time.

Hi,

This is because fast rendering is turned on for the display. This basically
turns off the check for longitude seam crossing in the display. You can either
turn off fast rendering for the particular display (Edit->Properties menu for
the Display Control - look for the "Fast Rendering" checkbox). You can also
turn off Fast Rendering as a preference (Main Edit->Preferences menu). You can
also set the Projection to the GFS projection - Go to the View menu for the
Grid display and look for "Use Grid Projection".

-Jeff

Ticket ID: FBM-183442
Department: Support IDV