[IDV #ORQ-489869]: Could not create a graphics configuration

Hi Paul-

> I get the "Could not create a graphics configuration" message at startup using
> IDV_2.7u1.  My video card is restricted to 8-bit color.  Would this be the
> reason for the error?
>
> Solaris 8/9
> Sparc
>
> According the test routines, my OpenGL installation is working.

Are you on the console, or ssh'ing in from another system?  If you are ssh'ing
in, be sure to use the -Y option.  I don't think the 8-bit color should be a
problem except that satellite images will be washed out.

Don Murray

Ticket ID: ORQ-489869