[IDV #SGJ-454430]: Menu items not displaying

Hi Adam-

> Full Name: Adam Lopes
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Operating System: Windows XP
> Hardware: Java: home: C:\Program Files\IDV_2.7u1\jre version: 1.6.0_13
> j3d:1.5.2 fcs (build4)
> Description of problem: In both the "Dashboard" and "Workshop" windows that
> open when I start IDV, there are some menu items that do not display.  For
> instance, I can click on the "File" menu in the Dashboard window at the top
> menu bar, and a gray box drops down that would normally show all the choices
> under the File menu.  However, there is no text displaying...just an empty
> gray box.  This is true for several menus that I choose.  Am I running into a
> system limitation or something?  Have you ever seen this before?  I've
> already tried expanding the memory used by IDV, but this did not help.  Any
> advice you could give to help rectify this problem would be helpful.  I am
> running the IDV2.7u1 on Windows XP with Service Pack 2, and have 2GB of RAM.

Is it every menu?

I've been noticing on my system that this sometimes happens, but very
infrequently.  If I go to another menu and then go back, it appears correctly.

One thing to try would be to make sure you have the latest driver for your
graphics card.  Sometimes issues like this are related to old drivers.

Don Murray

Ticket ID: SGJ-454430
Department: Support IDV