[IDV #ANI-315803]: calculation of perturbations using SAVS-like function (GEMPAK)

Hi Cory-

> Full Name: Cory Demko
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Package Version: 2.7b3 build date:2009-06-16 07:07 UTC
> Operating System: Windows XP
> Hardware: Java: home: C:\Program Files\IDV_2.7b3\jre version: 1.6.0_11
> j3d:1.5.2 fcs (build4)
> Description of problem: Don:
>
> Sorry for the delay...decided to make a new support email...to answer your
> question, I am looking at calculating the mean u component along a constant
> pressure surface to determine u' along the same pressure...I will then make a
> cross section of u'...for each timestep...

And sorry for our delay.  There is no method to do this in the IDV currently,
but we are thinking about adding this capability.  So, I have a couple of
questions:

- is the mean across all timesteps, or for each timestep?
- can you send me instructions on how you would do this in GEMPAK?

Don

Ticket ID: ANI-315803
Department: Support IDV