[IDV #FWD-681770]: display image moves to different windows

Hi Kevin-

> Full Name: Kevin Vermeesch
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Operating System: Windows Vista
> Hardware: Java: home: C:\Program Files\IDV_2.7u1\jre version: 1.6.0_13
> j3d:1.5.2 fcs (build4)
> Description of problem: The problem I am having is that the display image
> from the Map View IDV window keeps switching to different windows when I
> resize the Map View window or put another window over the map view window.
> For example on my desktop right now, I have the IDV Map View window on the
> right side, the Dashboard window on the left side of the screen and this
> Support Request Form window in the middle. When I move the Support Request
> Form window over the Map View window, the image from the map view window goes
> into the Dashboard window. If I move the support request window over the
> Dashboard window, the image goes back into the Map view window, and part of
> the image is covering up the tool bar buttons on top. I am displaying a
> Level-II radar image. No errors are given and usually after a while, no image
> will display in the Map View window, at which point I have to close IDV and
> re-open it. I am running Windows Vista SP2 (32-bit) with 3 Gb of RAM. The IDV
> version is 2
 .7u1. It started with 0.5 Gb of memory allocated to it and I have plenty of
memory left (according to the Task Manager). Do you know why the data image
displayed in the Map View window will not stay in that window?

This sounds like a graphics card issue.  Make sure you have the latest version
of the video driver for your graphics card.  Even new systems come with old
drivers.    If that doesn't work, try using Direct-X instead of OpenGL.  See
the instructions at:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/IDV/docs/userguide/Faq.html#d3d

Don Murray

Ticket ID: FWD-681770