[IDV #WIL-310768]: IDV consuming all my cycles when its not doing anything.

Eric,
We have happened on a problem where the IDV is sucking down memory from some
external process hitting the web monitor with bad input.

On the off chance this is the root of your problem can you try running with the
command line argument:
-Didv.monitorport=none
Or copy the attached properties file to:
~/.unidata/idv/DefaultIdv

Thanks,
Jeff

Ticket ID: WIL-310768