[IDV #LYS-920696]: classpath

Hi David-

> I am having some trouble getting the skins and user interfaces to work. I
> can't seem to get the classpath right to launch IDV following the
> instructions in the workshop manual?
>
> http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/idv/docs/workshop/frames.html
>
> I can launch using the jar file in the lib directory:
> java -Xmx1024m -jar idv.jar
>

> but not using the class files in the build directory as on the building with
> ant page above?
>
> I am not sure how to run a java app that way - I have always done it using
> the jars, not the class files?
>
> I need this to work with skins and customizing so I am rather stuck I think?

Your classpath will need to include the top level of the IDV source
tree as well as the JAR files in lib.  For example, mine looks like:

c:\java\idv;.;c:\java\idv\lib\local-visad.jar;c:\java\idv\lib\visad.jar;c:\java\idv\lib\ncIdv.jar;c:\java\idv\lib\jython.jar;c:\java\idv\lib\external.jar;c:\java\idv\lib\auxdata.jar

where c:\java\idv is the top level of my source tree (where
ucar is).

Don Murray

Ticket ID: LYS-920696
Department: Support IDV