[IDV #VKH-367270]: using map shapefiles from other sources

John-

> I'm trying to add shapefiles for various things on top of SLC TDWR radar
> data on my PC. Any of the shapefiles I bring in don't seem to work. I've
> attached some example shapefiles for roads for one county. If I load the
> shape file first it shows a bunch of lines over the entire globe. If I
> load the TDWR data first, I don't see anything.

Currently, we only support shapefiles in lat/lon coordinates.  The ones
you have are in UTM coordinates.  We don't handle the projection files.

> Am I being brain dead about all this?

Nah, you are just using shapefiles that we don't support.

Don Murray

Ticket ID: VKH-367270
Department: Support IDV