[IDV #QHL-990399]: Question About SREF Wind Plot

Hi Jacob-

> Full Name: Jacob Gore
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Package Version: 2.7a1 build date:2009-04-09 07:08 UTC
> Operating System: Linux
> Hardware: Java: home: /home/jacob/IDV_2.7a1/jre version: 1.6.0_07 j3d:1.5.2
> fcs (build4)
> Description of problem: This is Jacob Gore with the former email address:
> address@hidden.  I will be using this new email address, address@hidden for
> now on.

Thanks for letting us know.

>I have a question    about displaying 3D wind data from the SREF model.  I
>loaded a latest model run      from the Georesources catalog in the IDV and
>attempted to download 3D wind plots  for the level 1000MB.  However, there are
>only a select few levels available as           opposed to the GFS or the NAM
>which have all levels.  The SREF only has 850MB and a few others above that.
>Is there a way that the SREF can display 1000MB Winds       from 3D derived?
>If so, how would I go about implementing this?

I'm not sure what the difference between the two entries is, but
if you select the first set of data (enprod_biasc), it has more levels,
including 1000 millibar.  Select the weighted mean variables.
I'll look into the difference between them on Monday.

Don

Ticket ID: QHL-990399
Department: Support IDV