[IDV #LCD-874806]: Spaces in directory path with grib files

Hi Jessica,

> We had a user report getting an error if he tried to load in a grib file
> with a directory that has spaces in it.  I did a quick search in the IDV
> forums and found this related issue:
>
> http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/support/help/MailArchives/idv/msg02217.html

This error pertains to aggregated grid files. Does your problem occur
with just loading one file or a number of them?

> I was just curious to the status of this because it seems like the same
> issue.  I'll also note that I found I can load in the grib file just
> fine with a folder under "Documents and Settings" as long as there are
> not spaces in it (e.g. C:\Documents and Settings\jessicas\McIDAS-V\test
> ), but not when a nested folder has spaces (e.g. C:\Documents and
> Settings\jessicas\McIDAS-V\Test Data ).

I cannot replicate this error on Linux. Will try on windows later.
Can you send the error stack?

Thanks,
Jeff

Ticket ID: LCD-874806