[IDV #UHI-275132]: Point data issue

Hi Kevin-

> I am using an Eclipse build and put an extra &trace=1 statement into
> some of Dave Parker's code.
> Thanks for the trce fix. I will see if I can get any further with the
> point stuff.
> I can get it to list and display values in McIDAS-X using PTLIST/PTDISP,
> so not sure where my disconnect is.

In McIDAS, what happens if you do:

PTLIST RTPTSRC/BUFRTOZN DEV=CCC

This is essentially what the sampleIt section of code is
asking.  You should see something like:

PTLIST* RTPTSRC BUFRTOZN SELECT= POS=0 TRACE=0 MAX=1 VERSION= 1

Does that return anything?

Another way to test this outside the IDV/Mc-V is to use the
AddePointDataReader class.  For example, if I run:

$ java edu.wisc.ssec.mcidas.adde.AddePointDataReader
"adde://stimpy.ssec.wisc.edu/pointdata?group=RTPTSRC&user=KEVS&proj=6999&descr=BUFRTOZN&num=1&pos=0&debug=true"

I get:

Data Requested:
host from URL: stimpy.ssec.wisc.edu
file from URL:
/pointdata?group=RTPTSRC&user=KEVS&proj=6999&descr=BUFRTOZN&num=1&pos=0&debug=true
Service = mdks
uCmd=group=RTPTSRC&user=KEVS&proj=6999&descr=BUFRTOZN&num=1&pos=0&debug=true
String passed to server = RTPTSRC BUFRTOZN   POS=0 TRACE=0 MAX=1
RTPTSRC BUFRTOZN   POS=0 TRACE=0 MAX=1 VERSION=1
user = KEVS
proj = 6999
compression = gzip
connecting on port 112 using gzip compression.
numBinaryBytes= 0

and it just kind of hangs there.  You could add on the trace=1
to see what's going on on the other end.

Don

> Kevin
> >> I added in the &trace=1 so I might see what is happening on my server
> >> stimpy.ssec.wisc.edu
> >>

> > How did you do this?

Ticket ID: UHI-275132
Department: Support IDV