[IDV #FUJ-202282]: Saving Data Probe/Time Series as a Bundle/Favorite

Hi Jessica,

> We have had a user inquire about saving a Data Probe/Time series.  The
> user would like to set axis ranges and parameter units and have them
> saved for future reference.
>
> I have been looking into creating a Data Probe/Time series and then
> saving it as a favorite display, or as a bundle.  I was using a grib2
> file with the following parameters:  Temperature, Dewpoint Temperature,
> Precipitation, and Windbarbs.
>
> When I save it as a bundle, I noticed that the data reference was not
> saved.  Additionally, I could only save regular bundles, not zipped
> bundles.  I loaded the dataset and then the bundle.  I was asked to
> choose what parameter was used for Temperature, which is the only one
> that is displayed even though I had additional parameters on the chart.
> After I attempted to load additional parameters, I received this error
> message:

Humm, I don't see this problem. I can add parameters to the probe control and
it saves fine
in a regular bundle. When saving as a a zidv file the grid parameter dialog
that pops up
has the 2 parameters in the probe pre-selected. I save and reload and
everything is fine.
I can then add in new parameters with no error.

> If I remove my display (but kept my data source) and attempt to load in
> the favorite display (Displays->Display Templates->General->Test Plot),
> the window that pops up says "Open bundle," which I find confusing since
> I though I was saving a "display."  Once again I am asked to pick the
The saving a display as a favorite is really just saving a bundle that solely
contains
the display.

> parameter for temperature, which again works fine and has my set unit
> and axis range, but is the only parameter displayed (again, I was
> expecting to be asked for all parameters).  When I attempt to load in
> additional parameters to the chart, I get the same results as I had with
> the bundle.

The saving display templates is a bit tricky and is set up to just handle one
parameter.
The Data Probe is a bit different than the other display controls in that the
user can add parameters and each has its own state, etc. I guess this is a bug
or a missing feature.

-Jeff

Ticket ID: FUJ-202282
Department: Support IDV