[IDV #OBV-135637]: Animation of products

Hi Ernst,

> I am loading a number of products for several timesteps into IDV.
> (multiple times of the same product).
>
> On the animation widget I see several green boxes (for the timesteps).
> However if I animate through the time steps I don't see any changes on
> the screen. I can also see the animation timeline, which shows me the
> time while it animates and the times of the different products. This
> all looks OK, but I see no animation in the main window.
>
> This happens with our own ECMWF files (1 timestep per file) and with
> KNMI HDF5 image files. Also if I concatenate all ECMWF time steps I do
> seen animation! Models from motherlode also animate.

The multiple times in the animation widget are the union of the times in the
display.
The problem is that if a display only has one time in its data then we will
show that
display for all time steps. If these data files are being loaded as grids you
can
choose the "Aggregate Grid by Time" data source type and select multiple files.
This requires each gridded file to be the same (dimensions, parameters, etc.)
except
for time.  We basically generate an ncml wrapper on the fly aggregating on the
time dimension.

-Jeff

Ticket ID: OBV-135637
Department: Support IDV