[IDV #TBT-341940]: Slow image load

> I up loaded two files that can be looped. The names are SCSU NAM Output #1
> and SCSU NAM Output #2. I increased the cache size to 100MB but am still
> unable to run a loop.

Hi Dave,
I got the files. I assume you have one time step per file and you are loading a
set of them into the IDV as an Aggregated Grid Data Source?

I pointed you to the wrong docs concerning the caching. WHen you load in the
data source go to its Properties dialog (right click on its name in the Field
Selector). Check on "Always cache to disk". This will cache each time step
separately to disk. It will increase processing time but will decrease memory
usage.

Something else you can do for general performance is to turn on Fast Rendering.
Go to the User Preferences (Edit->Preferences) and in the main tab turn on Fast
Rendering.

-Jeff

Ticket ID: TBT-341940
Department: Support IDV