[IDV #YIS-119573]: javaw pegging cpu again

> Hi,
> I've got the new version of idv running and I'm now running into different
> cases that peg the cpu.  This time, I'm just loading a dataset from ramada
>

> http://motherlode.ucar.edu/repository/entry/get/data_0_file_accessgfs_global_2p5deg_20090129_1200?entryid=142de1c4-2392-48c8-a66a-245965be9b04
>
> It doesn't go to 100% immediately but it does eventually and then it locks
> up the machine tight.  It takes quite a while to get enough cycles to kill
> the process with the xp task manager.

Hi Ben,
A couple of things is going on. First, the current version of RAMADDA does not
have the opendap service. I got the latest thredds release and there seems to
be problems.

Second - this URL is the http download url. Loading it directly into the IDV
will result in the IDV trying to load the file into the HTML display. If you
select "Gridded Data" as the data type then you get an error saying that the
server does not support content-length (which the java-netcdf client code uses
to access nc files via http).

-Jeff

Ticket ID: YIS-119573
Department: Support IDV