[IDV #FFV-313312]: error writing zidv file locally

Hi Ben,

> Description of problem: Hi, in this case, I'm just trying to store the zidv
> file for a GFS example of gridded data.  The message
> I got is listed below.
>
> My earlier attempts to publish this to ramadda failed because the idv ramadda
> client could not
> log me into ramadda -- even though I was logged in fine via a browser.

If you can replicate this next week I'd like to see it.

> A third issue is that the popup that allows me to select which variables to
> save was too long
> for my screen and there did not seem to be any way to get to the bottom of
> the list.

I have changed this dialog so the tabs are on the left (that data set had lots
of tabs).

I assume you did a select all when you got the below error?  This looks like a
java-netcdf error. I'm going to move the ticket over to John.

-Jeff

> Error writing local netcdf file.
> Data:dods://motherlode.ucar.edu:8080/thredds/dodsC/fmrc/NCEP/GFS/Global_2p5deg/files/GFS_Global_2p5deg_20090129_1200.grib2
> Variables:[N5-Wave_Geopotential_Height_Anomaly, N5-Wave_Geopotential_Height,
> Absolute_vorticity, Albedo, Best_Lifted_Index, Categorical_Freezing_Rain,
> Categorical_Ice_Pellets, Categorical_Rain, Categorical_Snow,
> Cloud_mixing_ratio, Cloud_water, Cloud_Work_Function,
> Convective_available_potential_energy,
> Convective_available_potential_energy_surface, Convective_inhibition,
> Convective_inhibition_surface, Convective_Precipitation_Rate,
> Convective_precipitation, Downward_Long-Wave_Rad_Flux,
> Downward_Short-Wave_Rad_Flux, Field_Capacity, Geopotential_height_anomaly,
> Geopotential_height, Geopotential_height_potential_vorticity_surface,
> Geopotential_height_highest_tropospheric_freezing,
> Geopotential_height_maximum_wind, Geopotential_height_surface,
> Geopotential_height_tropopause, Geopotential_height_zeroDegC_isotherm,
> Ground_Heat_Flux, Ice_cover_Proportion, Land_cover_1land_2sea,
> Latent_heat_net_flux, Maximum_temperature,
> Meridional_Flux_of_Gravity_Wave_Stress, Minimum_temperature,
  Momentum_flux_u_component, Momentum_flux_v_component, Ozone_Mixing_Ratio,
Planetary_Boundary_Layer_Height, Potential_Evaporation_Rate,
Potential_temperature, Precipitable_water, Precipitation_rate,
Pressure_reduced_to_MSL, Pressure, Pressure_convective_cloud_bottom,
Pressure_convective_cloud_top, Pressure_high_cloud_bottom,
Pressure_high_cloud_top, Pressure_low_cloud_bottom, Pressure_low_cloud_top,
Pressure_maximum_wind, Pressure_middle_cloud_bottom, Pressure_middle_cloud_top,
Pressure_surface, Pressure_tropopause, Relative_humidity,
Relative_humidity_entire_atmosphere, Relative_humidity_height_above_ground,
Relative_humidity_highest_tropospheric_freezing,
Relative_humidity_pressure_difference_layer, Relative_humidity_sigma,
Relative_humidity_sigma_layer, Relative_humidity_zeroDegC_isotherm,
Sensible_heat_net_flux, Specific_humidity,
Specific_humidity_pressure_difference_layer, Surface_Lifted_Index, Temperature,
Temperature_depth_below_surface_layer, Temperature_altitude_ab
 ove_msl, Temperature_potential_vorticity_surface,
Temperature_height_above_ground, Temperature_high_cloud_top,
Temperature_low_cloud_top, Temperature_maximum_wind,
Temperature_middle_cloud_top, Temperature_pressure_difference_layer,
Temperature_sigma, Temperature_surface, Temperature_tropopause,
Total_cloud_cover, Total_cloud_cover_convective_cloud,
Total_cloud_cover_entire_atmosphere, Total_cloud_cover_high_cloud,
Total_cloud_cover_low_cloud, Total_cloud_cover_middle_cloud, Total_ozone,
Total_precipitation, U-component_of_wind,
U-component_of_wind_altitude_above_msl,
U-component_of_wind_potential_vorticity_surface,
U-component_of_wind_height_above_ground, U-component_of_wind_maximum_wind,
U-component_of_wind_pressure_difference_layer, U-component_of_wind_sigma,
U-component_of_wind_tropopause, Upward_Long-Wave_Rad_Flux,
Upward_Long-Wave_Rad_Flux_surface, Upward_Short-Wave_Rad_Flux,
Upward_Short-Wave_Rad_Flux_surface, V-component_of_wind,
V-component_of_wind_altitude_above_ms
 l, V-component_of_wind_potential_vorticity_surface,
V-component_of_wind_height_above_ground, V-component_of_wind_maximum_wind,
V-component_of_wind_pressure_difference_layer, V-component_of_wind_sigma,
V-component_of_wind_tropopause, Vertical_speed_sheer,
Vertical_speed_sheer_tropopause, Vertical_velocity_pressure,
Vertical_velocity_pressure_sigma, Volumetric_Soil_Moisture_Content,
Water_equivalent_of_accumulated_snow_depth, Water_runoff, Wilting_Point,
Zonal_Flux_of_Gravity_Wave_Stress]
> Inconsistent array length read: 1165128303 != 1914731274
>
> ******************
> Stack trace:
> java.io.IOException: Inconsistent array length read: 1165128303 != 1914731274
> at ucar.nc2.dods.DODSNetcdfFile.readData(DODSNetcdfFile.java:1272)
> at ucar.nc2.Variable._read(Variable.java:922)
> at ucar.nc2.Variable.read(Variable.java:777)
> at ucar.nc2.dataset.VariableDS._read(VariableDS.java:452)
> at ucar.nc2.Variable.read(Variable.java:777)
> at ucar.nc2.FileWriter.copyAll(FileWriter.java:281)
> at ucar.nc2.FileWriter.copyVarData(FileWriter.java:237)
> at ucar.nc2.FileWriter.finish(FileWriter.java:490)
> at ucar.nc2.dt.grid.NetcdfCFWriter.makeFile(NetcdfCFWriter.java:214)
> at ucar.nc2.dt.grid.NetcdfCFWriter.makeFile(NetcdfCFWriter.java:74)
> at
> ucar.unidata.data.grid.GeoGridDataSource.saveDataToLocalDisk(GeoGridDataSource.java:802)
> at
> ucar.unidata.data.DataSourceImpl.saveDataToLocalDisk(DataSourceImpl.java:2495)
> at
> ucar.unidata.idv.IdvPersistenceManager.showDataEmbedGui(IdvPersistenceManager.java:2236)
> at
> ucar.unidata.idv.IdvPersistenceManager.doSave(IdvPersistenceManager.java:1289)
> at
> ucar.unidata.idv.IdvPersistenceManager.doSave(IdvPersistenceManager.java:1186)
> at
> ucar.unidata.idv.IdvPersistenceManager.doSaveAs(IdvPersistenceManager.java:674)
> at
> ucar.unidata.idv.IntegratedDataViewer$10.run(IntegratedDataViewer.java:2663)

Ticket ID: FFV-313312
Department: Support IDV