[IDV #LOA-543940]: A few questions

> Hello. I have a few (hopefully) quick questions on the IDV.
>
> Does the IDV have the ability to make use of multicore processors and
> multiple nodes in a visualization cluster?
>
> Does the IDV have support for multiple accelerators on a single system?

Hi Katie,
We really don't make explicit use of multi-cores. Java, in its threading can,
but we don't try to break
up large rendering tasks into multiple threads.

I'm not sure what you mean by "multiple accelerators"? Do you mean graphics
accelerators? We use whatever
Java3D uses. Though most of the performance issues we see are just dealing with
the data and doing the
rendering at the Java level.

-Jeff

Ticket ID: LOA-543940