[IDV #CLE-667255]: plane tracking

Hi Kevin,

> Description of problem: How can I track ships given a set of waypoints and
> will IDV interpolate between waypoints?
> Can I also manually adjust speed of the ship?

You would need to format your data so the IDV can read it as point observation
data.
See here for the CSV format we read:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/idv/docs/userguide/data/TextPointData.html

Then, when you load your data file select the Data Source Type: "Text Point and
Trajectory Data Files"
This will read the data in as point observation data but also provide the
observations as trajectories.
You can then display this as both point obs and as a trajectory.

-Jeff

Ticket ID: CLE-667255
Department: Support IDV