[IDV #HEF-201162]: Defining view window size

Hi Jay,

> I've been testing the view window size from a python script in McV with
> Jess.  I noticed a problem with setOffScreen(0).  I installed IDV 2.6b1,
> and have the same error there.  The window size values in the script are
> being ignored when setOffScreen(0) is used.  An image of the original
> image size is created instead.
>
> I made an IDV bundle of the most recent GOES-EAST IR image with the
> default location and size.  Then ran this python script:
>
> setOffScreen(0)
> loadBundle("/home/jayh/idv-image.xidv",None,200,100)
> pause()
> writeImage("/home/jayh/test-image.jpg")
>
> The file test-image.jpg size is 592x462.  If I change it back to
> setOffScreen(1), then the jpeg file is 200x100 as expected.
>
> I included Jess's original email and IDV ticket number below if you want
> to reopen that ticket.
>
> If there is anything else I can help for information, just let me know.

When in onscreen mode the view size is ignored. This is because the view is
placed
into the original user interface, the geometry and size of which end up
determining
the view size. A work around for now might be to change window size so the
dimensions
are close to what you want and the resize the captured image in the script.

I will look into popping out the view (like we do in full screen mode), setting
its size
and then capturing the image.

-Jeff

Ticket ID: HEF-201162