[IDV #SVI-832960]: Searching User's Guide

Hi Dave-

> Full Name: Dave Santek
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Operating System: Windows XP
> Hardware: Java: home: C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_06 version: 1.6.0_06
> j3d:1.3.2 fcs (build12)
> Description of problem: Hi,
>
> I'm trying to do a search in the User's Guide and I can't find a way to do:
> a) exact string:    -debug
> b) phrase:   data source
> c) partial word:    collabor

I had  success with a and b, but not c.  The JavaHelp search uses
a plain language search engine which does not allow wild cards, etc.
It says it does use a morphing which allows something like build
to match on built, builder, and building.  However, it doesn't
seem to link collaborate with collaboration.

> I've tried using double quotes, backslash, asterisk etc. but it doesn't
> return what I expect.
> Let me know if you need more details.
>
> Also, when I tried to search the IDV forum an error was returned. See
> attached file.

Does it still give that error?  I just searched and it worked for
me.  Could you send that image to address@hidden
and explain what you did?  I don't have a good way of splitting
up this message into another area.

Thanks.

Don

Ticket ID: SVI-832960