[IDV #FQD-686469]: MODIS HDF files

Hi HP-
> Full Name: HansPeter Roesli
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Package Version: 2.6a3 build date:@DATE@
> Operating System: Linux
> Hardware: Java: home: /home/user/IDV_2.6a3/jre version: 1.6.0_07 j3d:1.5.2
> fcs (build4)
> Description of problem: HI
>
> I have been quiet for a while for 2 reasons. (1) rather busy with IASI data
> in McV,

Are these in netCDF or HDF or other?

(@) no IDV problems spotted.

That's a good reason! ;-)

> Recently I have given a MODIS 1km HDF a try. It offers to open it as grid
> data from
> OPeNDAP and I find 2d grid data in the Fields. However, no image data are
> there,
> only ancillary data of the scene. Is ther more to come, or have i got it
> wrong?

Could you point me to a source of the data so I can take a look?

> from nice autumn, HP

Ours has been spectacular.  I've been taking time off to get some
hiking in.  May have our first snowstorm next Saturday (my birthday!).

Don

Ticket ID: FQD-686469
Department: Support IDV