[IDV #SSS-119764]: display of cross section for a grid of 273x273x81

> I wanted to followup on my previous email.
> I have already tried saving as a bundle dechecking the option for data
> sources.
> the help below says:
>
> The Data Sources button allows for you to not include any of the data
> sources. When reading in a bundle that had been saved without data sources
> and with displays the IDV will prompt the user for the data to be used. For
> example, you can create a set of displays of a gridded data set (e.g.,
> Temperature, Relative Humidity, etc.) ***This state can be saved off without
> the data sources. When you load this bundle back in again the IDV will prompt
> the user for the required data fields. This allows you to essentially save
> off a display template that can be used for different data sets.***
>
> The last 2 sentences in the help above appear not to be true. when i open the
> bundle it does NOT ask me for a file to open instead it brings up some
> formula box.

Actually, they are true. The thinking  is that you have other data sources
loaded into the IDV already. When you load in a bundle that has no data you
select the data from the currently loaded in data sources.  The Formula box is
really a field selector. The data source you had loaded is the Formulas.

It would be tricky to combine the Data Chooser with this field selector.

-Jeff

Ticket ID: SSS-119764
Department: Support IDV