[IDV #SSS-119764]: display of cross section for a grid of 273x273x81

Hi Randy,

> I am trying to produce a long movie based on  WRF output. Specifically i have
> 90 individual WRF runs each containing a 24 hour forecast. I want to show the
> 2D topography as a 3D surface along with a cross section of temperature
> between two points. ALthough this is manually doable i have to manually
> switch the two cross section points to the desired location each time i open
> up a new file.
>
> How do i save all the attributes of this setup (ie., topo, cross section
> between two desired points) EXCEPT the actual file. That is the only thing
> that changes between each movie creation.
> I know how to create the movie by hand but dont know how to automate that
> either.
>
> Can you provide me a sample script that i can play with.

To do this save a regular bundle (i.e., one with displays, views and data) with
the desired display.
You can use an ISL script that loads in the bundle and uses the setfiles tag:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/IDV/docs/userguide/isl/DataAndDisplays.html#setfiles
to change which file the data source uses.

Attached is a script that iterates through 3 files, loads in the bundle and
captures an image
from each.

-Jeff

Ticket ID: SSS-119764