[Support #ZLR-921995]: IDV differences

Hi Bill-

> Thanks Don - the MetWise color tables actually are AWIPS color tables. NOAA
> provides about 6 satellite enhancement color tables in FX-Net/MetWise Net.
> I've created a couple and I've had a few users ask me to create others. Our
> subscriber using IDV was the first to ask if we could "import" or incorporate
> the IDV enhancements into MetWise. I wonder if there's been any sharing of
> color tables among GEMPAK, McIDAS and AWIPS.

That would be too logical. ;-)

>I'll have to ask Sher. I don't know much about color tables. I've attached a
>sample of the default radar reflectivity colormap in FX-Net (MetWise Net). It
>looks rather simple; they assign an RGB color in the first 3 columns to
>reflectivity values in the next couple of columns. The reflectivity value must
>depend on whether or not the radar is in clear air or precip mode. I'm not
>sure if the AWIPS colormaps have the same format or if these are FX-Net
>(MetWise Net) specific.

If you could find out if they are the same as AWIPS and if
there is any docs on the format, that would be fine.
In particular, I'd like to know what the last values are.
Sometimes it's a string, sometimes it's 2 numbers with a | in between.
Right now the IDV uses a linear color mapping, and this looks
more stepped.

If you rename it to RadarReflectivity.tbl, you can import it
into the Color Table Editor (Tools->Color Table Editor menu)
from the File->Import menu.  Then set the range to 0 to 80
and save it as whatever name you want.

I'll look into allowing the user to set the table
type based regardless of the name.

Don