[IDV #GDU-215230]: Problem with Radar Data in IDV

Hi Jennifer,

> I'm having an issue with loading some radar data in IDV. The data loads up
> but doesn't seem to know the location of the NEXRAD site so I don't get a map
> outline of my location. I've been using IDV to look at radar data from KBOX
> (April - Sept, 2005-2007) and didn't run into this problem until I started
> looking at 2004 data.
>
> Normally when I load up my radar data files it will list the display name as
> "KBOX Reflectivity - 2D Radar ..."; however with the 2004 data it lists it
> has "XXXX Reflectivity - 2D Radar ...".
>
> I'm looking at data for specific dates from April - September. I was able to
> load data from Sept 26, 2004 okay, but Sept 20, 2004 has the problem
> described above.
>
> I'm basically trying to determine whether there is a software problem or if
> there is something wrong with my data.

Those older level2 files don't have the station location in them. In the data
chooser instead of the
Files chooser go to the Radar tab -> NEXRAD Local. Select your files in that
chooser and specify the
radar location and you should be OK.

-Jeff

Ticket ID: GDU-215230