[IDV #FRK-322354]: crash on start up

Hi Stu-

> Full Name: Stuart Wier
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Package Version: 2.5
> Operating System: linux
> Hardware: x86
> Description of problem: Starting 2.5 I get
>
> [1] 16953
> .metapps/DefaultIdv> Java 3D WARNING : reported GLX version = 1.2
> GLX version 1.3 or higher is required
> The reported version number may be incorrect.  There is a known
> ATI driver bug in glXQueryVersion that incorrectly reports the GLX
> version as 1.2 when it really is 1.3, so Java 3D will attempt to
> run anyway.
> extensionStr == null
> extensionStr == null
> extensionStr == null
>
> DefaultRenderingErrorListener.errorOccurred:
> CONTEXT_CREATION_ERROR: Renderer: Error creating Canvas3D graphics context
> graphicsDevice = X11GraphicsDevice[screen=0]
> canvas = visad.java3d.VisADCanvasJ3D[canvas0,0,0,592x464]
>
> [1]    Exit 1                        java -Xmx1300m -Didv.enableStereo=false
> -jar /home/wier/IDV_2.5/idv.jar
>
> I removed .metapps/DefaultIdv/default.xidv first, with same result.

Is this a new installation?  Did you change the memory allocation
recently?

It looks like the graphics card you have doesn't support the
latest OpenGL required by Java 3D.  Try using the other
Linux installer, not the one with Java 3D 1.5.1.  That one
has an older version of Java 3D.

Ticket ID: FRK-322354
Department: Support IDV