[IDV #OFG-746816]: IDV error when plotting specific GRIB fields

Hi Hans-

> I was trying to plot the Tropical cyclone wind speed probabilities data from
> ftp://ftp.tpc.ncep.noaa.gov/wsp (in GRIB2 format). It seems IDV recognizes
> the fields in those files, however, IDV gets the dates all wrong.
>
> Is this a type of GRIB2 files that IDV cannot handle, perhaps?

No, the forecast date is coming out as -9999, so it is being subtracted
from as hours from the reference date, thus come out in the past.
I'm transferring this to the grib decoder person so he can investigate
further.

There also is a problem with the grib1 files from the same site so
I'll have him look into that also.

Thanks for pointing this out.

> Using the latest and greatest build (Sep 7).

Don Murray

Ticket ID: OFG-746816
Department: Support netCDF Decoders