[IDV #JSS-410981]: Level II Remote Download Issue

Hi Greg-

I thought I sent a response yesterday, but for
some reason, my response to this did not get sent out.
Probably user error on my end. ;-)  I've recreated below.

> Full Name: Greg Salottolo
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Package Version: 2.6a2 build date:2008-07-25 07:05 UTC
> Operating System: Windows XP
> Hardware: Java: home: C:\Program Files\IDV_2.6a2\jre version: 1.6.0_01
> j3d:1.5.1 fcs (build6)
> Description of problem: Good Morning:
>
> Data Choosers > Level II Remote > Add Source takes over 6 minutes and still
> no file
> downloaded from motherload. Just Started exhibiting this.

As Yuan noted, we had a problem with the server, but has been
fixed with a server restart yesterday.  Thanks for letting us know.

In the future, please note that there is an alternative server at
the National Science Foundation:

http://thredds.cise-nsf.gov:8080/thredds/radarServer/nexrad/level2/catalog.xml

it's closer to you, (physically, at least) so might work better.
Use either one.

> 2.6a2 windows XP.

and 2.6a3. ;-)

FYI, the latest nightly build has a new version of the NEXRAD
remote chooser that allows you to select Level III data as well.
The top level catalog for the chooser is:

http://motherlode.ucar.edu:8080/thredds/radarServer/catalog.xml

for now, only motherlode has the necessary server code for this
to work correctly, but eventually  the thredds.cise-nsf.gov
server will work for the Level III as well.  This will allow
you to cross day boundaries and is faster than the ADDE server.
Feedback is appreciated as always.

Don Murray

Ticket ID: JSS-410981
Department: Support IDV