[IDV #NUK-817580]: netCDF from McIDAS AREA & IDV

Hi Tyn-

> >(this will also be the answer to the similar question you sent to
> >support-thredds)
>
> Well, if Ethan & John have some thing on the IOSP side it would solve my
> problem... ;-)

The IOSP was being developed by NCDC and I have a query into
them on the status.  Last I knew, all images were upside down.
I'll ping them again to see if I can get more info.

> This file does not exist or has the wrong permissions.
>
> Can you try again, my stupidity... >
> ftp://ftp.itc.nl/pub/venus/Venus-IDV/NETCDF0001.nc.zip

No problem, thanks for the sample.

> Here is the info dump from OPenDAP (aka Hyrax) for the same netCDF.....
>
> Variables in this Dataset
> version:      32 bit Integer
> long_name: "McIDAS area file version"
> sensorID:     32 bit Integer
> long_name: "McIDAS sensor number"
> imageDate:    32 bit Integer
> long_name: "image year and day of year"
> units: "ccyyddd"
> imageTime:    32 bit Integer
> long_name: "image time in UTC"
> units: "hhmmss UTC"
> startLine:    32 bit Integer
> long_name: "starting image line"
> units: "satellite coordinates"
> startElem:    32 bit Integer
> long_name: "starting image element"
> units: "satellite coordinates"
> numLines:     32 bit Integer
> long_name: "number of lines"
> numElems:     32 bit Integer
> long_name: "number of elements"
> dataWidth:    32 bit Integer
> long_name: "number of bytes per source data point"
> units: "bytes/data point"
> lineRes:      32 bit Integer
> long_name: "resolution of each pixel in line direction"
> units: "km"
> elemRes:      32 bit Integer
> long_name: "resolution of each pixel in element direction"
> units: "km"
> prefixSize:   32 bit Integer
> long_name: "line prefix size"
> units: "bytes"
> crDate:       32 bit Integer
> long_name: "image creation year and day of year"
> units: "ccyyddd"
> crTime:       32 bit Integer
> long_name: "image creation time in UTC"
> units: "hhmmss UTC"
> bands:        Array of 32 bit Integers [bands = 0..0]
> long_name: "bands"
> auditTrail:   Array of Strings [auditCount = 0..0][auditSize = 0..79]
> long_name: "audit trail"
> data:         Array of 32 bit Reals [bands = 0..0][lines = 0..499][elems =
> 0..5415]
> long_name: "data"
> type: "MODS"
> units: "unitless"
> latitude:     Array of 32 bit Reals [lines = 0..499][elems = 0..5415]
> long_name: "latitude"
> units: "degrees"
> longitude:    Array of 32 bit Reals [lines = 0..499][elems = 0..5415]
> long_name: "longitude"
> units: "degrees"
>

> > for THREDDS to be happy?
>
> Reading the AREAs from disk works fine, it's just that here at the National
> Meteorological Institute in Mongolia they wanna serve this stuff to other
> governmental organizations with some metadata, hence my hopes for a catalog.
> That's why I was hoping the TDS would swallow AREAs...

The problem is that the time is a separate variable and it would
be a pain to munge this I think.

> How are you btw & Jeff btw?

Busy as bees. ;-)  Trying to shore up the 2.6 release in the
next month or so.   Hope you are doing well.

Don

Ticket ID: NUK-817580
Department: Support IDV