[IDV #TPP-452920]: I/O API Support for Mercator Projections

Hi Zac-

Sorry for the delay in responding.

> Full Name: Zac Adelman
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Package Version: 2.5
> Operating System: Leopard
> Hardware: MacOSx
> Description of problem: I've recently been in contact with the developer of
> the I/O API library about bugs in their support for Mercator map projections.
> A new version of the I/O API 3 was made available on 20Jul08 that includes a
> fix for this issue.  Gridded emissions and air quality data that I'm
> generating on a Mercator grid is not loading into IDV and I'm wondering if it
> has to do with the I/O API library used to compile the release version of the
> tool.  I've attached a sample gridded NCF emissions file.  I've been able to
> successfully visualize similar files on other map projections (lat-lon,
> lambert) with IDV.  Any help on this is appreciated.  Regards, Zac

Unfortunately, the I/O API code that the IDV uses was written by someone
outside
Unidata and we've been adverse to modifying it since we don't have any expertise
in these files.  We don't use the native library and what has been implemented
is only a subset of that.   Can you provide a small sample file in the Mercator
projection and a pointer to the documentation so I can take a look?  If it
doesn't look too bad, I could take a stab at it.

Don

Ticket ID: TPP-452920
Department: Support IDV